Property Lawyers

Property Transactions

When you are dealing with property transaction in any way, the detailed knowledge and experience of our team of Property Lawyers and Property Consultants can provide you with expert strategic advice.

  • Property dealings
  • Joint venture agreements
  • Partitions
  • Caveats
  • Leasing
Are you seeking advice on Property Transactions?
PDC Law lawyers can assist. Request a call back here:
Contact Form

Property Dealings

Do you need a property lawyer to assist with your court matter?

Get in touch

Negotiations between adjoining property owners for the granting of easements sometimes fail.

Supreme Court of NSW and Land & Environment Court of NSW

Our Property Lawyers have the knowledge and experience to make an application to the Court to impose the easement over someone else’s land. The Court may make an order imposing an easement over land if the easement is reasonably necessary for the effective use or development of other land that will have the benefit of the easement.

We can assist with matters in both the Supreme Court of NSW and Land & Environment Court of NSW if required.

Given our experience in these matters, we can provide competitive fixed fees for each stage of the process so that there are no hidden surprises.

Joint Venture Agreements

Are you in need of a written agreement for your joint venture?

Get in touch

Whether you are entering into a property venture with family, friends or investors, it is important that your agreement is formally reduced to a written agreement.

Structuring Joint Venture Agreements

We work closely with you to understand the objectives of your venture and what roles and obligations have been agreed between the parties which are captured in a plain English agreement.

While everyone enters these agreements in good faith, careful consideration is given to what the parties agree will occur if certain critical events happen including but not limited to:

  1. death or a party becoming permanently disabled;
  2. a party getting divorced or separating;
  3. bankruptcy or insolvency of a party;
  4. breach of the agreement; or
  5. any other dispute between the parties incapable of being resolved.

As a multi-disciplinary legal practice, we are uniquely placed to assist you with your development from start to finish. Our team of Property Lawyers and Property Consultants can assist you with everything from structuring using trusts, companies or partnerships, investor and loan agreements, conveyancing, town planning services and building and construction.

Whether it be a one-off agreement or you would like our support throughout the process, we can give you guidance and support to give you the best prospects of your property venture being a success.

Given our experience in these matters, we can provide competitive fixed fees for each stage of the process so that there are no hidden surprises.


Do you need separate land titles to divide your land?

Get in touch

Sometimes it’s necessary to divide up land that is owned by more than one person. The property lawyers at PDC Law can assist.

Dividing Property Into Land Partitions with Separate Titles

This is called partition. This often happens when ownership of the property is shared between two or more people.

Partition involves dividing up the property into several blocks of land so that each owner has their own separate title. Sometimes partition isn’t possible, and the land needs to be sold and the sale proceeds divided up between the owners.

This entire process can be confusing, but our lawyers have experience assisting clients to navigate the complexity, understand their rights and find a solution that suits everyone involved.


Do you need to register or lapse a caveat?

Get in touch

A caveat is a statutory injunction that prevents the registration of dealings and plans on a title.

Registering and Lapsing of Caveats on Land Titles

Provided for under the Real Property Act 1900, a caveat operates as a warning on a land title to others by noting a person or organisation’s interest in land or property. Only those with an eligible interest in the land can record a caveat on title. If you lodge a caveat without ‘reasonable cause’, you may be liable to pay compensation to any person who suffers a pecuniary loss as a result.

We can assist with both the registration and lapsing of caveats including seeking urgent injunctive relief if the registered owner of land is seeking to lapse your caveat and deal with the property against your interests.


Do you need a tailored lease agreement?

Get in touch

Tailored lease agreements take into account conditions that are specific to the property.

Tailored Lease Agreements

While there are many standard form lease agreements available, we can help clients tailor leasing agreements to take into account conditions that are specific to the property.

Our property lawyers have assisted clients with:

  • General commercial leases;
  • Retail leases;
  • Industrial leases;
  • Mixed-use leases;
  • Crown leases;
  • Assignment of leases.

We help both landlords and tenants negotiate agreements and advise them on their obligations when it comes to any loss, damage or structural issues to the property.

Our lawyers also assist clients who want to include lease incentives, options to renew or any other special provisions in the lease.

Our clients have the added benefit of dealing with a wider team of property professionals and dispute resolution specialists to manage and respond to any situation that may arise.

We provide competitive fixed up-front fees so that there are no hidden surprises.

Legal Expertise

Proceed with confidence.

PDC Law is a specialist commercial, property and dispute resolution law firm. Our lawyers have a combined experience of over 40 years.

Recent articles

Read the latest articles and resources posted by the PDC Law.