Local Government & Planning Lawyers

Local Government Law

Our experienced lawyers can provide you with advice on any aspect of local government and planning law. Whether you are a commercial developer, a private developer or builder, or a first-time developer, the detailed knowledge of our lawyers allows us to provide you with expert strategic advice.

  • Prosecuting and defending offences
  • Advice on local government regulation
  • Local Court proceedings
  • Land and Environment Court proceedings
  • Criminal and civil proceedings
How may we assist? Please provide a few details.
Contact Form

Local Government

Do you need assistance with local government law?

Get in touch

PDC Law provides a niche practice in prosecuting and defending offences under the Local Government Act 1993.

Our strong understanding of the Local Government Act 1993 allows our experienced team to advise on all matters relating to local government regulation.

We can advise you on all matters relating to local government law, including:

  • Development Control Orders;
  • Reclassification of land;
  • Use and misuse of community land;
  • Orders issued under section 124 of the Local Government Act 1993;
  • Avenues of appeal;
  • Freedom of information (Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009;
  • Offences under the Local Government Act 1993; and
  • Local Court and Land and Environment Court proceedings.

We appreciate these matters can be sensitive and relate to issues of public importance. Contact us for a confidential discussion on how we can assist.

Legal Services

Do you need an expert lawyer in local government and planning?

Get in touch

Commercial and private developers, builders, and first-time developers can easily access strategic legal advice.

Local government and planning law services that we provide include:

  • Advising on the development application process;
  • Advising and executing appeal rights and various appeal options;
  • Advising on section 7.11 contributions;
  • Advising on voluntary planning agreements (VPAs);
  • Advising on existing use rights;
  • Advising on exempt and complying development;
  • Advising on State Environmental Planning Policies;
  • Interpreting environmental planning instruments and policies;
  • Assisting with orders issued under Division 9.3 the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act or section 124 of the Local Government Act;
  • Conducting class 4 civil proceedings in the Land and Environment Court (LEC);
  • Conducting class 5 criminal proceedings in the LEC;
  • Conducting class 2 proceedings in the LEC – tree-related matters; and
  • Conducting Local Court prosecutions and civil proceedings.

Recent articles

Read the latest articles and resources posted by the PDC Law.